Sunday, December 11, 2011

For all those asking how I am doing

These aren't my own words but they hold true to how I am doing:

My mom is a survivor, or so I've heard it said.
But I can hear her crying at night, when all others are in bed.
I watch her lay awake at night and go to hold her hand.
She doesn't know I'm with her to help her understand.
But like the sands on the beach, that never wash away. 
I watch over my surviving mom, who thinks of me each day.
She wears a smile for others, a smile of disguise! 
But through it all, I see the tears flowing from her eyes.
My mom tries to cope with death to keep my memory alive.
But anyone that knows her knows, it is her way to survive.
As I watch over my surviving mom through Heaven's open door.
I try to tell her that Angels protect me forever more.
I know that doesn't help her, or ease the burden that she bears.
So if you get a chance, go visit her and show her that you care.
For no matter what she says, no matter what she feels.
My surviving mom has a broken heart, that time won't ever heal.

Every year, many families face the holidays after the unthinkable has happened – the death of a child. In response to the need for grieving families to have one special day during the difficult holidays to remember and honor these children who have died, at any age and from any cause, the Compassionate Friends, a national support organization, created the Worldwide Candle Lighting. It takes place this year at 7pm local time, for an hour, on Sunday, December 11.

Please join me in lighting a candle not only in Naya's memory but in memory of all the children that have passed away.


I will be lighting my candle for you tonight Naya.
I love you and I miss you every hour of every day.

4 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful poem. I am lighting a candle right now. Stay strong, Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes. I have 4 candles lit right now. 2 for my angels, 1 for Naya and 1 for another little boy who was taken to soon. God bless you and your family this Holiday Season

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candles glowing..... for the angels among us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May your family find some peace on this night...there is an extra candle lit in my house for sweet little Naya.

    ReplyDelete