Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some pics from the Vacation

I promised to post some pics from our vacation, so here are a few of my faves:

How cool are the clouds reflecting on the building on this one?

Our neighbor while at our hotel (we stayed on 54th & Broadway)


Ty and I in front of the Statue of Liberty. They are doing construction on it so we weren't able to go inside but it was still cool to visit. Ty loved it. I like it because you can barely tell that I was almost 18 weeks pregnant.

View of Central Park from the Top of the Rock


Ty is a huge Beatles fan, so the first thing we did was visit Strawberry Fields
and the Dakota (where John Lennon lived and died).


This tree fascinated me. This tree is known as the "Survivor Tree," as it was plucked from the wreckage of the World Trade Center, nursed back to health and replanted at the memorial site. It was the only tree at the site that was in bloom while we were visiting. The significance and symbolism of this tree was not lost on Dan and I. We felt a real connection with the tree and could identify with its rocky past. While the whole memorial is quite emotional, this tree made me cry. 


 
Where one of the towers stood.


Times Square at Night. This was Ty's favorite spot in the city.


Where we ate the last night we were there.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a great vacation. I would love to visit New York sometime. I love the last picture! She is with you always!

    ReplyDelete