Monday, January 23, 2012

March for Babies

Hi everyone.

Sorry I have been lagging this past week on writing on here. I have been insanely busy at work and while it's not an excuse, it has been taking up a ton of my time. I did, however, get to cross one thing of my resolution list. I took the first steps in putting t together a team to March for Babies in April.

I am actually really excited for this event. For those of you that don't know, the March of Dimes aims to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. They also provide information and support to families who have a child in a NICU. Obviously, this is something that is near and dear to my heart and I hope this walk will be a tradition for my family for years to come. 

I named our Team NayasPapayas and we will be walking in San Ramon, CA on April 28. So far we have 4 team members and I would like to have at least 10 total, as I hope to have the team raise at least $2500 this first year. I think this is entirely possibly, as we already have around $450 dollars raised and have only been fundraising for a few days now.  The link to my team's fundraising page is http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/nayaspapayas. If you could afford to make a donation, we would definitely appreciate it. If you would like more information on starting your own team in any of the various event across the country, you can find it at www.marchforbabies.org. This is really a great cause and I am so proud to be a part of it this year. Wish me luck in reaching my goal.

And I love that I get to check at least one thing of my list. But more on that later ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie! I'm so excited that your walk is in my area! I'm going to take a look at the site and see if I can do the march. I love how your so honest on your blog and there are times I feel like you wrote exactly what I was feeling. I lost my son last May when he was 12 weeks old so I feel I can relate to you. It'd be great to participate and meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clear across the country, but you better believe I will be donating to Naya'sPapayas come pay day!

    I participate in my local March of Dimes here in my southern Indiana town.

    Love you always!!!

    ReplyDelete