Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day?

You never realize how certain days of the month really take on meaning until you are forced to confront them. Today is one of those days. To the rest of the world, today is Valentine's Day - the semi-cheesy corporate Holiday in which people take a timeout and recognize the love in their lives for a day. For me, it is the five month anniversary of my daughter's death. I am not really a Valentine's Day type of person anyway but I believe this holiday has been forever ruined for me because it will always coincide with the 14th of the month. So today, while I am getting flowers from my husband and helping my son pick out a necklace to give to his girlfriend (Yes, that actually happened - I am in TROUBLE with this kid. He's only 10 and already hung up on girls!), I also have to drop off the flowers and teddy bear I bought for my daughter for Valentine's Day at the cemetery. I miss her. I want today to be over.

1 comment:

  1. :( I'm sorry today isn't anything like you might have hoped.

    ReplyDelete